I recently took part in a session at the OLC Innovate 2017:Education Reimagined Conference. The virtual participation format was impressive and glitch-free.
Questions were raised by the global participants and were answered by on-site participants Michael Berman, Lora Taub-Pervizpour, and Patrice Prusko. This particular session was masterfully co-moderated by Wendy Taleo, our Virtual Buddy, in Australia and by Michael Berman, our on-site buddy in NOLA.
Snippets from the session itself which referenced the Solution Design Summit (SDS) event at OLC Innovate :
- How are students experiencing courses that we are designing?
- Food truck imagery was used metaphorically by students to describe just-in-time training/learning experiences during the SDS.
- There was only one team from community colleges; looking forward to further collaborations in future projects/discussions.
- There is a need for increased participation from community colleges at future summits and projects.
- What challenges do community college-going students face that may limit/hamper/alter their ability to participate in off-campus summits and conferences?
- The next OLC Innovate Conference should include a fully virtual team.
- There should be a set program for virtual participants.