The Art of Business Communications
The art of communication is the language of leadership. –James Humes, Author and Presidential Speechwriter
This course offers practical and adaptive strategies for upward communication—as well as across and downward communication—to inform and influence others no matter where they fit in the organizational chart.
By the end of the course, you will know how to:
- Identify the steps of the communication process.
- Recognize barriers to effective communication.
- Respond to communication breakdown.
- Listen actively and question effectively.
- Understand conflict and how to communicate while in it.
- Communicate ideas in terms listeners care about
- Use listening skills to get the information needed for creating high-impact messages
- Adapt messages to others’ communication and learning style preferences
- Audience analysis: creating messages that address listeners’ needs, wants and priorities
- Break down the barriers that stand between team cooperation and organizational effectiveness
- Practice various presentation formats to communicate a clear plan of action, motivate others, gain recognition or build a business case